How to become a certified CT Driving Instructor?
In order to become a certified CT Driving Instructor, you must complete the following coursework at a CT Certified Master Instructor and School
- 30 Hours of Classroom Instruction;
- 15 Hours of In-Car Training & Observation.
In addition to completing this course, in order to work as a driving instructor you must complete the following:
- CT DMV Form R-7A Application For Instructor's License ($ 100 fee)
- Fingerprint Background Check from CT Dept. Public Safety ($ 65.00 fee)
- Background Check from CT DCF - CPS
- Pay a license fee of $ 100.00 to CT DMV
Once you complete the coursework, you're required to take a 50 question, multiple-choice quiz where you must get at least 40 answers correct.
After passing your written test, you must also pass an in-car proficiency test with a CT DMV Testing Agent.
Fresh Green Light offers this course to non-Fresh Green Light employees several times a year. Classes take place during the weekday over the course of 2 weeks at our Fairfield, CT classroom.
The cost for the entire course, including all classes and coordination with the DMV for testing is $ 699.
If you're interested in learning when our next course will take place, please fill out the form below and we'll get back to you with our schedule.